Product 3: Caviar Payments
- First large scale project that spanned across the entire company which resulted in millions in cost savings
- Project managed a team of 4 engineers to implement a new payment infrastructure to process payments and payout couriers and restaurants
- Developed an onboarding integration between Square and Caviar to setup groundwork for deeper Point-of-Sale Integration
- Successfully hit company-wide OKRs (objective and key results) goals for three quarters
- Gathered feedback and insights from restaurants and Square sellers to ensure we’re building the right workflows
Fastbite (Acquired by Square, Inc), San francisco, CA - Cofounder, Product & Operations
July 2014 - February 2015 (8 Months)
After not enjoying the pace of product innovation at Symantec, I met my cofounder Avlok for coffee and started a company that focused on delivering food in 10 minutes or less.
- Developed vision, requirements, wireframes, and processes for Fastbite’s iOS, Android, Web apps
- Managed a team of 4 distributed engineers and 2 UX designers
- Spent 2-4 hours a day meeting with diners (new and existing), restaurants, couriers to quickly iterate on the product
- Performed every other role possible to keep the startup going from support to sales to handing out flyers
Symantec Corporation, Mountain View, CA - Senior Product Manager
November 2011 - June 2014 (2 years, 8 months)
Recruited out of Box to product manage within the NortonCloud & Emerging Cloud Products teams who were responsible for Norton Zone, a secure business-grade file sharing for SMB and Enterprise.
- Drive Symantec’s organic product development effort that scales from Consumer (Norton) to Enterprise
- Directed the SMB and Enterprise product teams in defining features, roadmap, pricing/packaging strategies, etc
- Manage business development strategy to form partnerships that drive adoption of the emerging cloud service
- Served as spokesperson to internal executive committees and trainings, customers, press and analyst communities
Box, Palo Alto, CA - Business Development manager
March 2009 - November 2011 (2 years, 9 months)
Joined the business development team (2nd full time hire) to manage existing and net new relationships with associations, organizations and technology partners.
- Joined the startup early as employee #20 and experienced high growth and scale to well over 300 employees.
- Developed and managed Box’s first Reseller and Referral Programs where I sourced and managed 100+ partners
- Responsible for forging new distribution, integration and marketing partnerships with technology partners
- Expanded relationships with current partners in the platform portfolio (Google Apps, SFDC, DocuSign, Netsuite)
- Project managed API integrations and cross-development efforts with internal & partner technical platform teams
- Developed go-to-market strategies for new integration offerings and joint-services with partner marketing teams